Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pupi Siciliani

Yesterday, I put the finishing touches on my third puppet, and spent today photographing them. They stand about a foot tall. Here they all are!



Polyphemus

 



Siren

 
 


Odysseus




My process was something like this:
-Do fast, simple character designs on paper
-Sculpt all the pieces out of air-dry clay, making sure to include holes for the joints later
-Paint and varnish each piece
-Create all the props and clothing out of various found materials
-Hair
-Put the pieces together using screw eye joints, and attach the dowels and strings

It was a lot of guessing and hoping that they would work, and I'm so happy that they are actually functional. As a bonus, here is a video I also put together:

(This took five hours to upload with the Cenci internet, so you're welcome world.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment